St Mary Magdalene
- Standing before the Cross of the Savior,
- Suffering with the Mother of the Lord,
- The most glorious Mary Magdalene offered praise with tears.
- She cried out: What is this strange wonder?
- He who holds the whole creation in His hand chooses to suffer:
- Glory, O Lord to Your power!
Almighty God, whose blessed Son restored Mary Magdalene to health of body and mind, and called her to be a witness of his resurrection: Mercifully grant that by your grace we may be healed of all our infirmities and know you in the power of his endless life; who lives and reigns with you and the Holy Spirit, one God, now and for ever.
There are many traditions surrounding the person of St Mary Magdalene and some contemporary speculations as well. The key thing, however, I think, is to focus on her as a saint who found new life in Christ. As the “first to see the Risen Lord”, she stands as an example for us who see the Savior to reveal Him to others:
“Go . . . and tell them.” Jn 20:17.Saints comment below, or link to this permanent URL from your own site.